Alan is a graduate of the University Of Illinois College Of Agriculture and the Southern Illinois University School of Law. Alan has over 30 years of law practice experience helping clients.
Alan’s general practice includes real estate, agricultural law, wills, trusts, estates, elder law, business transactions, taxation, family law, municipal law and criminal law. He is a trained mediator/reconciler for the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Alan has articles published in the ISBA Agricultural Law, Real Estate Law and Trusts and Estates Newsletters. Alan is a member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and the Monroe County Bar Association.
Alan’s experience includes:
• Counseling clients on business, real estate, and estate planning transactions.
• Counseling clients during family, estate, real estate and business disputes.
• Representing clients in criminal, traffic and civil litigation matters.
• Served as Monroe County State’s Attorney (1980-1984).
• Served as Randolph County Assistant State’s Attorney (1984-1987).
• Trial of 45 jury trials to verdict.
• Trial of 3 death penalty cases to verdict.
• Mental health commitment trials.
• Trial of numerous bench trials to verdict.
• Regent of Concordia Seminary, St. Louis (2001-2013).
• Secretary/Treasurer, Board of Regents, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis (2006-2013).
• Reconciler/facilitator for dispute resolution, Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (1993-2015).
Areas Of Practice
- Wills, Trusts and Estate
- Real Estate
- Agricultural Law
- Elder Law
- Business Transactions
- Family Law
- Municipal Law
- Criminal Law
- Illinois, 1977
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 1976
- University of Illinois, College of Agriculture
- B.S. - 1973
- The Road Less Traveled, Internal Revenue Code Section 1022 Legal Considerations, Trusts and Estates Newsletter, Illinois State Bar Association, April, 2010
- Basis Adjustments for 2010 Estates: A Navigation System for Unknown Routes, Agricultural Law Newsletter, Illinois State Bar Association, January, 2010
- Life Estate Transaction Legal Considerations, Real Property Newsletter, Illinois State Bar Association, February, 2008
- Inside the Too-Speculative Continuum, Agricultural Law Newsletter, Illinois State Bar Association, May, 2009
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Section Council – Agricultural Law 2017
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Monroe County, State's Attorney, 1980 to 1984
- Randolph County, Assistant State's Attorney, 1984 to 1987